Monday, September 27, 2010

Chapter 27 Teaser

Here are two teasers from the upcoming Duty and Desire chapter...

" The meeting with Mr. Cullen had gone better than planned. He, of course, argued that it should be her family’s responsibility to bear the financial burden. I, however, was stubborn and insisted on taking care of the monetary situation. It was no more than I would have paid out, if she had married Wickham. In fact, it was substantially less. Jasper intended to write his friend immediately and acquaint him with the situation. If all went well he would be in London within the week.

And....

“I demanded that she refute such a ridiculous rumor. And do you know what she said? It wasn’t any of my business.” Her hand flailed through the air as her agitation grew.

“Ungrateful, selfish, girl! She had the audacity to tell me she would not confirm the engagement and if you did not object, my feelings on the matter meant nothing.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment